Unlike the older times when personal and professional lives were restricted to time and place. The modern age of the internet has merged the timings and demands attention to work all around the clock. This becomes mentally draining. Moreover to decide on a completely new plan with high expectations needs to be curated calmly and thoughtfully.
Fitness is a subjective term. Some people limit it to physical well-being while others count it as health -mental health, physical health, and emotional health. To design a routine that is personalized for us, we need to know what is our aim.
- What are our schedules -hectic or smooth?
- What is your body type -Endomorph, mesomorph, ectomorph?
- What is your lifestyle – sedentary or moving
- Are you new to the fitness program?
- What intensity of exercise suits you, working volume, and working hours that fit in your schedule without making it hectic and tiring?
- What are you aiming at muscle building, muscle strength, fat loss, etc?
Joining a gym alone will not help you instead you need to build up a positive mindset that works on the action with planning.
It is not at all a cumbersome process to stress about, there are just a few chief principles that you can apply everywhere and seek the best results.
As it is well said, fitness is about eighty percent of the diet and twenty percent of the workout.
Let us take a look at options that can go with the majority of people striving hard to build a fitness routine.
1. Workout days :
- A three day workout regime: It is the best way to initiate a fitness-oriented regime but not a wise choice to continue once you reach the intermediate level. You have gym or training on alternate days of the week.
Aim it like :
- Push-ups for Day 1- targeting the axis of the body, triceps brachii muscle of arm and shoulder.
- Pulling exercise on Day 2- This exercise mainly targets back muscles and the biceps brachii of the front of the arm.
- The lower limb on Day 3
It is to be noted that the stretch in the hamstring muscles of the leg will initially cause soreness.
You can also customize a plan according to you.
- A four-day workout regime: It is similar to the three-day workout regime but in addition to it, it has a separate day targeting shoulders that will aid in their proper growth and strength.
- A five-day workout regime: Targeting the same group of muscles but allowing a good time for efforts. Individual days for legs, arms, shoulders, chest, and back.
The best exercises for the back are – Barbell deadlift, Barbell row, arm dumbbell row, Pull-Up, Lat Pulldown with front and close grip, T-Bar row, Seated cable row with a wide and close grip, and Chin-ups.
Best exercises for shoulder: Standing and seated barbell military press, Dumbbell press, Dumbbell side lateral raise, Face pull, Barbell rear delt row.
Best exercises for leg: Front squat, Hack squat, Barbell squat, Dumbbell lunge, Leg curl. The main part of doing exercises for the leg is to do squats.
Best exercises for Biceps brachii: Barbell curl, E-Z bar, Dumbbell curl, Hammer curl, Chin ups.
Best exercises for Triceps brachii: Triceps pushdown, Lying triceps extension, Dip with Triceps variations, Seated triceps press.
All these workouts and divided days are there to ensure proper attention towards the muscles of your body you can easily keep adding repetitions until your muscles become fatigued or overtrained to continue.
2. Doing exercises that make a great impact: The best exercises to build muscle mass and strength are weightlifting. It is categorized as compound exercises and isolation exercises.
- Compound exercises target all major muscles of the body and require the core strength which is generated by the action of an involved group of muscles. You can do compound exercises if you want to build good muscle strength.
For example Squats, Deadlifts, Bench presses.
- Isolation exercises require relatively lesser strength and target only one group of muscles. These exercises are important to trigger stubborn muscles which generally support larger muscles.
For example, Biceps curl, Side lateral rise.
How much we focus on what to do but it is important to have a mindset of how frequently it is to be done. The intensity of the exercise matters but not the frequency. “We all have to start somewhere, and doing something is better than nothing at all. Start small so you don’t get discouraged and give up. Remember it is all about consistency”-Khloe Kardashian