The pandemic has evoked the panda or the lazy person inside us which we managed to escape throughout our life. Nevertheless, the pandemic gave the lesson and hope of moving toward a healthier lifestyle. The first of having a routine is to accept and analyze your lifestyle. Walking 5 hours out of 168 hours in a week will not at all compensate for the exertion and the negative effects of the contaminated environment and stressed life . Workouts not only keep you physically fit but also unravel the beauty of a healthy mind and the beauty of positivity. Obviously, it is a process , you cannot expect massive results after a single week of workout but yes, you can sense gradual positive changes.
Why are you struggling to initiate?
Maybe because you are not rejuvenated for the new day or you are too sedentary because of your occupation.
“Success is what comes after your stop making excuses.¨
Let’s straight away dive into, what changes we can make. And try to push ourselves to get out of bed and exercise.
Design a workout plan :
- Make sure you are all set for the day: For a refreshed morning you need to have enough sleep. If you cannot function efficiently while doing a job that requires computer work when you did not have a good sleep, then how can you imagine pursuing a change for a long? A night of good sleep not only will help you begin the day with motivation but also will help you to work out with full energy.
You need to be cautious of what are you eating and when. Avoid caffeine after the evening and do not use your mobile phone one hour before sleep.
- Start with small bits and keep adding newer challenges: Make a list of your fitness goals and assess the amount of energy and time you can give to achieve it. Design a plan which can be flexible but not irregular. Consistency is the key. Include walking exercises with 5 minutes of vigorous activity and keep on increasing the time and level of the exercise after a couple of weeks. Involve workouts that train all muscles. As a beginner, long high-intensity workouts lead to inconsistency and demotivation as we get fatigued by doing strenuous exercises that our body was not prepared for.
- Make sure you move: There can be days when you cannot go to the gym due to time constraints to compensate, you can opt for stairs instead of a lift or elevator. These are also a form of workout. Fitness can be pursued anywhere. Believe in yourself and unleash the opportunities of choosing fitness over ease.
- Include fun workouts: Same workout plan can be boring at times. So choose an activity for one out of six days as a form of workout like swimming, dancing, sports, or whatever interests you.
- Set realistic goals: You can expect yourself to follow a dedicated routine but you can wish for an instant outcome. Set achievable targets, work towards them and move on to the next. Engage in introspection and take working out as a session of your interest, not an imposition.
- Join people: Workouts in groups is too much fun. Check out a ballroom class and have a company you can enjoy working out with. You simultaneously develop skills which is a plus. Make a group with your neighbors and enroll in fitness classes. This way even if you feel resistant hitting the gym at times your friends will motivate you to be regular.
- Give yourself a valid reason to exercise: To get thin is not a reason than can keep you in the habit of working out regularly. Once you achieve your target there are chances you might leave exercising. Give yourself a better and strong reason to wake up every day, hit the gym, and realize that it is a gradual and long-term process with immense benefits.
¨The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit.¨
It is a process that will change your outlook on life. Work to feel inspired not to sit back in doubt of pursuit. Keep faith in your motive and hard work no setback can stop you from achieving the goals that you have set for yourself.
¨Our bodies are our gardens – our wills are our gardeners.¨