Fitness is an aspect that people tend to overlook because of many reasons. The different aspects and parameters of fitness play an important role in deciding the quality of life. So it is important to give extreme care and effort to maintain the fitness of the body. Every bodily function depends on this effort and care. So it is very essential to keep our body fit at all times.
Exercises are one of the best ways to maintain our body fitness. It is not only the best but also an effective and efficient one. Following a regular exercise routine can bring about a great many positive changes to the body. There are many types and varieties of exercises and each of them has its importance in deciding our fitness level. In today’s world, the number of persons dying because of heart failure is increasing day by day. Studies have shown that an average of 17.1 million people die every year because of heart failure. So it is very important to give extreme care to all bodily functions, especially the heart. To keep the fitness of your heart, the best way is to do exercises regularly. Exercises are greatly helpful and play an important role in keeping our heart working efficiently and effectively.
Heart and exercises
There are many ways in which exercises prove to be greatly beneficial to the functioning of the heart in both direct and indirect ways. Following are some of the different ways in which exercise benefits heart functions;
1. Exercise helps greatly in lowering the blood pressure level
2. The risk of developing diabetes is reduced with exercises
3. To maintain a healthy body weight, exercises can help
4. Exercises are greatly helpful in reducing inflammation throughout the body.
The primary benefit of exercise for heart functioning is that it can reduce many risk factors for many heart diseases. It proves to be helpful in the control of these risk factors.
Many factors and habits can lead to intense heart damage and can trigger various risk factors for many heart conditions. Smoking is one such habit that can trigger many diseases and conditions that damage the heart very badly. Studies have shown, a person with a regular exercising habit is less likely to develop any bad habits like smoking. It is an example of the indirect way in which exercises help in the functioning of our heart. Some of the additional benefits for the healthy functioning of the heart include;
- The muscular ability to absorb oxygen from the blood is increased by proper and regular exercise. This in turn helps the heart by reducing its effort to pump more blood to the muscles. So with regular exercises, the muscle will get stronger so that our heart won’t need to work at its usual level.
- One of the great benefits that exercises do for the heart is that t reduce the release of stress hormone. This increased amount of stress hormone is a heavy burden for the heart. So by reducing stress hormone levels, our heart greatly benefits through exercise.
- Exercise works and acts as a beta blocker that slows down the heart rate and also stimulates the lowering of the blood pressure level.
- Exercise increases the production of lipoprotein also known as ‘good’ cholesterol which helps in the regulation of triglycerides.
Studies have proven that for a person with a regular exercise routine, the chance of getting a sudden heart attack is very much low than compared with an individual with no exercise routine at all. Along with exercise, it is also very important to follow a healthy and balanced diet. So when combined with these two routines, the fitness of the heart is very much assured.