Exercise is needed for a healthy way of life. It plays an important role in boosting the body’s metabolism. The heart is a really important organ that greatly benefits from exercise. Getting physically active is one of the important and necessary ways for the good functioning of the heart. These exercises could help in the overall functioning of the circulatory system. Through regular exercise, we can control and regulate many of the risk factors for heart diseases and conditions.
Habits that cause heart diseases
The following are some of the habits that result in damaged to the heart. They are;
- Poor diet
- Continuously carrying heavy weights
- Lack of physical activities
- High intake of saturated fats
- Extreme stress
- Lack of sleep
The above are only some of the causes among many. What we need to do is to prioritize our health. Then only we can pave the way toward a healthy lifestyle.
Common heart diseases in people
Studies show that our heart is the organ that is getting more affected by an unhealthy lifestyle. The number of people dying of heart attacks is getting highly increased. Our unhealthy lifestyle is the main cause many of heart problems. The following are some of the major and common heart diseases found in humans;
- Heart attacks
- Damaging of the heart valves
- Complete heart failure
- Congenital heart diseases
- Triggers the genetically transmitted heart conditions
- Unstable angina
It is necessary to stay away from all these heart diseases. Because if our heart gets damaged, our body receives very blood levels which result in many other bodily conditions. So to keep our overall fitness, it is very important to keep our heart healthy. And to do that regular exercise with a healthy diet is a must-do thing.
Heart and exercises
Exercise is a decisive factor that determines the health of our hearts. Not every exercise can produce the desired result. There are certain types of exercises that are greatly beneficial to our heart’s health. So it is important to choose and do exercises that are important for a healthy heart.
Aerobic exercises, strength or resistance exercises, stretching, flexibility and balance are important types of exercises that will do well for the functioning of the heart. It is essential to include these in our daily exercise routine.
Aerobic exercises can increase the rate of blood circulation in the body. Which in turn lowers the blood pressure level and regulates the rate of the heart beat. The cardiac output ie, the blood pumping rate can be also increased by aerobic exercises.
Some of the important benefits of aerobic exercises are
1. Reduces blood pressure level
2. Increases the heart rate
3. Reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes
4. Controls blood glucose level
5. Helps in the burning down of fats in blood vessels
6. Enhances blood circulation
There are many types of aerobic exercises. Some of the common and comfortable ones are;
2. Brisk walking
5. Playing tennis
Resistance or strength exercise
Resistance training is one of the best exercises to keep our heart fit. It has got a specific effect on maintaining body composition. It is the best way to burn down fats, especially belly fat.
Benefits for heart
1. Increases lean muscle mass
2. Reduces the pressure on arteries
3. Burns down the fat in blood vessels
4. Increases the blood pumping rate
5. Enhances the functioning of the circulatory system
Some of the best resistance/strength exercises are
1. Working out with weights; dumbbells, hand weights, Barbells
Stretching, flexibility and Balance exercises
Each of these exercises differs according to its functions. But they are all equally good for the health of the heart. Some of them like stretching have got an indirect effect on the heart. Like stretching exercises keeps the health of the muscoskeletal system. The stronger and healthier the muscles are, the stronger and healthier the heart will be.
1. Decreases the stiffness of arteries
2. Increases blood flow
3. Regulates blood pressure level
4. Increases the health of the musculoskeletal system
5. Improves balance of the body
Some of the common exercises of these groups are;
1. Torso stretch
2. Torso twist
3. Neck stretch
4. Seated March
5. Quadriceps Stretch
6. Calf stretchBy following and including the above exercises on your daily schedule, you are taking a big step towards a healthy way of life, where your heart will be healthier and stronger than ever. Make a change and be a role model in health for the people around you.