We all understand and admit health is important. But why are we focusing on our breakfast, is it really important to have a nice and healthy breakfast in the ruckus of the bullet morning schedule we all have?
Yes, it is.
Here is why?
It replenishes your glucose levels which stimulate alertness and energy levels to headstrong for the day. Though not having breakfast for a day will not result in fainting but will definitely make you restless, tired, irritable, and eat an unhealthy and abnormal amount of food at lunch. If you miss your breakfast, you might struggle to concentrate. So in and all be it your mood, focus, health, or body – breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. When you feed yourself what your body needs when it needs it, that’s love. So give your body some TLC and sit down and enjoy a good, substantial breakfast.-Kathy Freston
Finding and developing taste for healthier alternatives can be a tedious task. And if things do not go as planned it can lead to a frustrating start to the day.
Let us present the most ideal and fulfilling breakfast option that will surely portray how you should prepare your first meal of the day.
Dish: Shepherd’s Pie.
It is a classic British recipe for breakfast, loaded with healthy nutrient-filled vegetables.
Add chopped spinach, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, and bell peppers. Take a pan top it by sprinkling olive oil and saute onions and a couple of cloves of garlic. After a minute or two, add all the remaining chopped vegetables and stir them for three to four minutes.
To control the fat content add vinegar or lemon juice along with Tomato puree (instead of sugar) to have little sweetness. Season with salt to taste and add herbs and spices like black pepper.
Mash boiled potatoes and add a little salt and black pepper to them. Make it into a smooth, light, and fluffy consistency by adding milk.
Assemble the vegetables and spoon the potatoes over them and put them in a preheated oven and bake.
You can serve this recipe with other healthy and light options that balance the richness of shepherd’s pie.
Carrots: Carrots are storehouses of Vitamin A, therefore, antioxidants, and are also a verified superfood.
Corn salad: Sweet corn that has flavor and color that could satisfy your senses like nothing else. Mix it with olive oil and vinegar and sprinkle salt and black pepper and it is ready.
Baked beans, green beans, beet salad, mushy peas, roasted Brussels sprouts, roasted cauliflower, roasted asparagus, and roasted eggplant. Any of this will make your breakfast savory and health harmonious meal.
Choose whole grains that are rich in fiber that will keep you full and hydrated, unprocessed dairy products from all five food groups namely, fruits, vegetables, grains, protein, and dairy. You can also have complex carbohydrates that will meet the requirements of proper dietary fiber intake that helps to minimize constipation, diabetes, hypercholesteremia, cancer, and Irregular Bowel Syndrome. Limit sugar-loaded pastries, and breakfast meat such as sausages and bacon which have high concentrations of fats. These ingredients increase the risk of cancer and heart problems.
You can have :
- Oatmeal with a fruit garnished with some seeds (flax seeds or chia seeds)
- A vegetable-loaded omelet with banana
- A whole wheat toast With blueberries or pesto
- Shakshuka with a green smoothie
- A mango smoothie with egg brown rice
- Cinnamon quinoa with avocado
- Zucchini bread with farmers’ market breakfast bowls
- Yogurt pound cake with berries and superfood smoothie bowl
- Pumpkin bread with apples
- Vegan banana pancakes
- Pancakes with oat flour and Almond flour
- Green Tacos -filled with spinach, arugula, and cilantro seasoned with black pepper and salsa.
- Avocado almond anise toast
The main checklist for a healthy breakfast is :
- It should have a source of antioxidants that could prevent damage resulting from reactions. You can have blueberries, Greek yogurt, or a green smoothie.
- Sugars are nothing except empty calori7. It has no benefit to health instead it will not only lead to weight gain but will make you vulnerable to lifestyle diseases.
- Enjoy coffee without creamers.
- Prepare for your breakfast the night before.
- Nutritional yeasts for vegan recipes.
It is not just the mood of the day that depends on the early one-third of the day but also the gut health that depends on your first meals after you wake up. A healthy breakfast will keep you active and fuller so that you can work tirelessly throughout the day without fatigue.